Friday, October 27, 2006

I'm in the computer lab with my students! Everyone is working really hard on their grammar. I'm so proud of the. We have a grammar quiz next week, and I am determined that everyone is going to pass this time, so I thought we should come into the computer lab and work on our grammar.

I can't believe that half the semester has already passed. Mid-terms are over, and now we have to prepare for the final exams already. At least we still have half a semester left. I hope everyone uses the rest of their time wisely!

As for me, I just got accepted to do a presentation at a huge conference in Seattle. I'm so excited. It is THE big international conference for English teachers. They only accepted 21% of the people who applied, so I am feeling really lucky that they accepted my proposal. Naturally, I will be doing a presentation on blogs :-) I think this is going to be my last presentation about blogs because it is time I start focusing on my PhD. It is so weird being a teacher and a student at the same time. I keep telling my students to get busy and study, but then I keep putting my own studying off until the last minute. For example, I have a big paper due in my PhD seminar on Monday, and I still haven't started working on it. Boo hoo. I guess I'm not going to have a very fun weekend. Anyway, I can totally empathize with my students right now!

3 comments:

adelheid said...

I'm done....but I don't have any idea about what could I write in my blog...!Hmm...now you are writing something...

salia said...

Wow, congradulation for ur next presentation...I can not belive either that half of the semester has been already gone. Good luck for your paper on Monday

Noby said...

Hi Scott,
how are you doing? remember me??? I was in Leap 4b last semester. Anyway congratulation for your acceptance of the big English teacher conference! I am really happy for you. I know you are great teacher! hehehe. And I agree with your study stuff also. I have to write my GMAT soon, but I haven't done some chapters yet. May I come to see you some time????? I am so lonely because my buddy Rumi is not in Canada....